Preparing fresh squid for meals is very quick and easy. It only takes a few minutes to prepare a squid for cooking.
- Grasp the squid tube with on hand and reach inside with the other
- Clasp the transparent backbone and the head and gently pull away from the tube. The intestines and ink sack should follow the head out of the tube
- Pull the skin off the tube and fins and discard
- Cut the tentacles and arms from the head. The beak may need to be squeezed from the fleshy rime where the tentacles and arms were connected to the head and removed
- The tube can be left whole and stuffed. The tube can also be cut into strips and scored (pineapple fashion) or cut into rings