Recipe by Chef Steve Manfredi
You Need: (Serves 1)
- 1 leatherjacekt (400-500g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of well-rinsed, whole, large, salted capers
Choose one leatherjacket per person, skinned with head off.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a frypan until it is foaming.
- Fry the leatherjackets fitting 1 or 2 in comfortably. Depending on the thickness, the fish should take 4-5 minutes each side making sure the flame is not too high and burning the butter too quickly
- Once the first side is cooked, turn the fish and add 2 tablespoons of well-rined, whole, large, salted capers so that they sizzle and crisp up
- When the fish is cooked through, serve with the capers and butter spooned on top