With compliments of Carol Ritchie
You Need: (Serves 4)
- 500g flathead, cut into 4 pieces (substitute with deep sea bream, deep sea perch)
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced (or lettuce)
- 8 taco shells
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 spring onions, finely diced
- 1/2 red or yellow capsicum, seeded and finely diced
- 1 fresh jalapeno chilli, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients for pico de gallo. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Combine zest, juice, tequila, oil, garlic, cumin and salt in a bowl. Add fish, mix and marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Warm the taco shells according to the instructions on the packet.
Drain the fish and barbecue or grill for 5 minutes per side over medium-high heat. Cut each peice in half.
To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of sliced cabbage into the bottom of each taco shell. Place 1 piece of fish into the middle and top with 1/3 cup of pico de gallo over each fillet.