With compliments of Martin Minear of Europa at the Bay, Glenelg
You Need: (Serves 4)
- 400g uncooked or cooked crab meat (substitute: prawn meat, scallops, bug meat)
- 500g linguine
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1-2 red birdseye chillies, thinly sliced
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 100ml brandy or cognac
- 100ml thickened cream
- 300ml napoletana sauce
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, coarsley chopped
Cook the linguine according to packet instructions. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
Heat the butter in a deep frying pan and add the garlic, chilli, salt and pepper and fry until transparent. Add the crab meat and, if uncooked, cook about 5 minutes. If you're using cooked crab meat, just warm it through.
Add the brandy and 'flame off' by setting the alcohol alight with a match, then add the cream and bring to the boil.
Lower the heat and add the napoletana sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes until reduced to a loose consistency. Add the parsley and linguine and mix well for about 30 seconds (until the sauce absorbs).
Serve whilst hot with a green salad.