With compliments of Mures Upper Deck, Hobart
You Need: (Serves 4)
- 550g cooked crab meat (from blue swimmer crabs, sand crabs, spanner or mud crabs)
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 50ml sherry (or to taste)
- juice of 1 lemon (or to taste)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 100g clarified butter, melted
Place the crab meat and juices in a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs until the mixture starts to thicken. Add the lemon juice and sherry to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
Press the mixture firmly into four small pots or ramekins and seal by pouring a little clarified butter on the top. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours.
To serve, place some salad greens on a plate with the potted crab and your choice of fresh bread. Spread the crab on the bread like a pate.