You Need: (Serves 4)
- 800g fresh atlantic salmon, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2.5 tablespoons plain flour
- 4-5 cups fish stock
- 1-2 cups leeks, finely chopped
- 1-2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter, add the flour, stir for about 2 minutes without browning the flour. Add the fish stock at intervals, stirring all the time, let it boil gently for 5-10 minutes.
In a separate deep frying pan, melt the rest of the butter and saute the leek and potatoes for approximately 10 minutes. Add the thickened stock, fish and the cream. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until the fish is tender.
Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve garnished with sour cream.