You Need: (Makes 24)
- 500g hoki fillets, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced and rinds grated
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 medium sized red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup sweet chilli sauce, for dipping
Place hoki, eggs, lemon juice and rind, breadcrumbs, sweet soy and ginger into a food processor. Whiz for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are combined and chopped into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients except for the sesame seeds. Mix thoroughly.
Using a set of kitchen scales, weigh out 60 grams per fish cake. Shape into patties, then roll into the sesame seeds ensuring the entire surface is covered. Repeat until all the patties are rolled in sesame seeds, place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to fry.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over the barbeque grill, when hot, fry the patties allowing them to turn a light golden brown colour. Remove from the oil and place on absorbent paper for 2 minutes.
Serve four fish cakes per person accompanied by a small bowl of sweet chilli sauce and a fresh side salad.