You Need: (Serves 4)
- 500g piece of salmon (sashimi grade- loin)
- 3 blood oranges and their juice, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped fennel bulb
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- wood oven bread, for serving
Wrap the salmon in foil and freeze for 20-30 minutes or until partly frozen. Remove the salmon from the freezer and unwrap. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the salmon into thin slices making sure you cut along the grain. Cover four serving plates with the slices in a thin layer.
Whisk together the olive oil and lime juice in a small bowl and season with a pinch of sea salt. Drizzle this dressing over the salmon just prior to serving. Scatter orange pieces/juice and finely chopped fennel over the top of the salmon.
Season with black pepper and serve immediately with the wood oven bread.