You Need: (Serves 4)
- 4 x 500g tuna steaks (or swordfish/marlin)
- 500g fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium-sized salad onions, coarsley chopped
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- capers, to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 100ml olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
Grill, fry or bake the tuna steaks until the flesh is beginning to come apart and looks flaky. Chop coarsley and place in a large salad bowl.
Stir in the tomatoes, onions, capsicum, garlic and capers. Sprinkle on the parsley and stir in the oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
Serve with toasted bread or pita bread.
This dish is ideal as part of antipasto.