You Need: (Serves 8 as an entree)
- 48 freshly shucked oysters in half shell
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 tablespoon tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (equivalent of nearly one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons smoky cheese (fully matured cheese or parmesan), grated
Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
Place the creme fraiche, tabasco sauce, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
melt butter in a pan, add breadcrumbs and garlic. Stir until crumbs are golden and crisp. Remove from the heat , stir through cheese and set aside.
Place the oysters in a shallow baking dish and spoon over the creme fraiche mixture. Top with breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes.