You Need: (Serves 4)
- 4 uncooked sand/blue swimmer crams, approx 1.5kg
- 1 piece (thumb size) ginger, sliced
- 1 small bunch spring onion, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons szechuen chilli bean sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- coriander leaves, garnish
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, dissolve in 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Clean crabs and cut each crab into quarters. Dry with kitchen towels. Coat crab pieces with plain flour.
Heat oil (enough to cover crabs) in a wok to almost boiling, put in crabs, fry for 1 minute. Dish out and leave aside. Pour out remaining oil in wok, keep flame high.
Fry ginger, white part of spring onion and garlic. Then add chilli bean sauce, mix in crabs, stir well.
Add chicken stock and cook for 2 minutes. Then thicken with cornflour solution.
Garnish with remaining spring onions and coriander leaves.