You Need: (Serves 4)
- 4 fresh tuna cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 440g Italian peeled tomatoes, undrained and mashed
- 125ml tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a frypan and cook tuna for 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and reserve juices.
To make sauce, cook onion and garlic in pan for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add reserved pan juices, tomatoes, tomato juice, capers, anchovies and oregano. Season to taste with black pepper. Bring to the boil and pour over tuna.
Cover and bake at 180C degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until tuna flakes when tested.