You Need: (Serves 4)
- 4 thick salmon fillets, about 150g each
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut ino thin strips
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 spring onions, cut into fine strips
- 10 large basil leaves, torn
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oils in a wok, add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for a few seconds. Stir in the soy sauce and lime juice.
Place each fish filelt on a piece of baking paper large enough to wrap around it amd make a parcel. Spoon the ginger and garlic sauce over the fish. Sprinkle over the spring onions and 2/3rds of the basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold up the paper around the fish to make a loose parcel.
Place the fish in a large bamboo steamer. Cover and steam over a wok of simmering water for about 8-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
Remove the fish from the steamer and place on four warm serving plates. Open each parcel, sprinkle over the remaining basil and serve.